The call that Doyle would be joining our home, came one year ago today. We knew there was a chance Doyle might be coming, because there was an event in Chicago and there were guests traveling from South Korea who could be designated as escorts. We had sent an email to our family the day before to let them know there was a slim chance he would be coming that week. Below is what we can remember from that day.
Our social worker called Tom's cell phone in the morning and told him that Doyle would be arriving in 3 days!! I was getting my haircut at the time, so Tom called me and asked him to call back when I was done. Once I walked out the door, here is how the conversation went:
Me- "You called."
Tom- "What are you doing on Friday? Do you want to go to Chicago?"
Me- "What do you mean?" (Thinking you are still harvesting crops, and you will probably be combining and I will have to work. I was also wondering is this really going to happen.)
Tom- "Jill called and said Doyle is coming on Friday to O'Hare."
Me- Begin screaming and jumping up and down. I then went back and shared my good news with Sue Ellen who had heard some screaming for joy.
After that, the flurry of activities began by letting people know what we needed and who would be coming to the airport, figuring out things at work and emailing family and friends about Doyle's upcoming arrival.
Looking back, the time has really gone quickly and has DEFINITELY been worth all the transition!
1 comment:
i love these stories! i can't believe it has been a year!
Post a Comment