Monday, October 25, 2010

Grandma C's Visit

Snacks after waking up from his nap.
Reading with Grandma

"You go away Mommy!"
Grandma C. came to visit us a couple of weeks ago. Doyle & Daddy picked up Grandma from the airport and Doyle got t see airplanes. Grandma had some apples so Doyle would say "We went to the airport and got apples." Doyle is also expressing his independence and as you can see from the third picture he did not want Mommy invading his time with Grandma. He will also say "Leave me alone" as well for added emphasis. In the first picture, his mouth is full of cookies so his expression is a little funny but he was quite happy to sit on Grandma's lap. Oh well the life of a 2 year old. Some other things he has been saying/doing:
  • I had it first.
  • I help or I get it. (usually when we are in the kitchen fixing something to eat.)
  • Chimpanzee. (after seeing 60 minutes with Jane Goodall.)
  • Listening to kids music (Laurie Berkner - Thanks Aunt Meryl, Uncle John, Aidan & Zev) The Pretzel Song, Ice Cream Song, & I'm a Mess are quite popular.
  • When playing above CD, he will say "I want....(pauses while waiting for the next song to start) That one."
  • Drags his step stool all over the kitchen to help out.
  • Slowly uses the potty.
  • He is a big helper in his classroom and often gets rewarded for cleaning up and having good "listening ears." (That is not always the case at home!!)

No comments: